I’ve been tagged by Madeline, who has one of my very favorite heads of hair.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
Since I did this relatively recently, I’m going to give myself a little theme. So here are 7 weird things from the ocd part of me:
1. I have to walk ‘evenly’. One foot feels heavier (not literally, just in some weird ocd way) and I have to step on ‘heavy’ things with the other foot to balance it out. Heavy things include cracks in the pavement, designs on linoleum, curbstones, etc.
2. I feel compelled to close any drawer or cabinet that’s open.
3. I much prefer books on a shelf to be flush – no spines sticking out. By “much prefer” I mean I must put them that way or I get, as Rowan says, a bit twitchy.
4. I can tell to a very tiny fraction of an inch whether something’s even. (Much to the annoyance of the contractor who was working on our house.)
5. I need my feet to feel the same. If one’s hot, the other should be hot. If one has a sock on, the other has to have a sock on too.
6. I want to organize everything. In the whole world. Just for fun.
7. I will walk around the bed any number of times to get the top blanket to lay straight.
None of these things get in my way, but I know if that changes Rowan will help me kick some butt. She is the world’s greatest ocd-butt-kicker.
Here’s a vision for you Ro – imagine the ocd World Championships: I have to walk by the couch without fluffing the pillows, then go stand in the kitchen with all the cabinets open – Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
I can’t stand open cabinets, closets, or drawers!!!! I’m always closing them -even it someone might still be going in there for something. 😉
Oh wow, talk about weird! I have the same “problem” as far as open cabinets go. Drawers, doors, and everything of the like. I even posted it in my own 7 Weird Facts meme! My mom’s told me she has no trouble with that sort of thing at all.Well, there ya go. If I’m not paranoid-OCD about it in this household, who will be? ;)Anyway, I’m glad to find someone else with my, ahem, “problem”, for lack of a better word. 🙂
its so encouraging to know that someone with ocd skills refined to such a high level can still “let go” of control and trust when it comes to their children. So there might be hope for me yet :)thanks for sharing this.
Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.
I could always use help here with #6 and you know that’s the truth (think my library! hehehe)
RUE! Come visit me Pleeeez! I need an organizer to help me get my life under control. Oh, I guess I could utilize the resident OCD person upstairs…..Organized people fascinate me.
This is an older post but I just read it today, Rue, and it was so fitting. I’ve been finding things in all the wrong places the last couple of weeks…a candle moved a couple of inches to the left, a picture just a bit off center. I have many OCD traits and for the most part they are manageable but I caught Logan smiling today as I moved a candle back where it belongs. Seems his been messing with me.. He says there are still couple of things I haven’t noticed so of course I’m now walking around trying to find what’s been moved. Love your blog…mine is the same design
I had no idea Logan has an evil side! I’ll keep that in mind next time he comes for a visit :o).