I’ve been tagged by Madeline, who has one of my very favorite heads of hair.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
Since I did this relatively recently, I’m going to give myself a little theme. So here are 7 weird things from the ocd part of me:
1. I have to walk ‘evenly’. One foot feels heavier (not literally, just in some weird ocd way) and I have to step on ‘heavy’ things with the other foot to balance it out. Heavy things include cracks in the pavement, designs on linoleum, curbstones, etc.
2. I feel compelled to close any drawer or cabinet that’s open.
3. I much prefer books on a shelf to be flush – no spines sticking out. By “much prefer” I mean I must put them that way or I get, as Rowan says, a bit twitchy.
4. I can tell to a very tiny fraction of an inch whether something’s even. (Much to the annoyance of the contractor who was working on our house.)
5. I need my feet to feel the same. If one’s hot, the other should be hot. If one has a sock on, the other has to have a sock on too.
6. I want to organize everything. In the whole world. Just for fun.
7. I will walk around the bed any number of times to get the top blanket to lay straight.
None of these things get in my way, but I know if that changes Rowan will help me kick some butt. She is the world’s greatest ocd-butt-kicker.
Here’s a vision for you Ro – imagine the ocd World Championships: I have to walk by the couch without fluffing the pillows, then go stand in the kitchen with all the cabinets open – Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!